Emotional dependence is related to establish frequent TOXIC relationships. The affected person emotionally depends on others who are not positive or even harmful for his/her personal adjustment. These relationships are based on emotional blackmail.
Emotional dependence can be developed in all sorts of relationships: family, marriage, friends.
Sects attract the affected person by offering acceptance, unconditional love and support.
• Lack of affective support in childhood.
• Submissiveness behaviours.
• Low self-esteem.
• Irrational beliefs about love concerning submission, obsessions, admiration for the loved one.
EMOTIONAL DEPENDENCE CONSEQUENCES:
• The need for an exclusive relationship makes the affected person to leave other significant relationships such as family, work, and social environment.
• Continuous search for approval to keep the relationship by all means.
• Mood or anxiety disorders.
• Substance abuse.
An individualized programme is assigned according to psychodiagnosis to help the patient to learn new healthy patterns of affective relationships. Initially the dependent person is helped to leave the toxic relationship.
Click onhttp://dev5.clinicacapistrano.globalred.com/tratamientos.php?lng=en for further information about TREATMENT.
Click onhttp://dev5.clinicacapistrano.globalred.com/adicciones.php?category_id=42&lng=en for further information about FAMILY.